Role: Resident Engagement Coordinator
Location Northbank House,159-161 Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1 (Travel Required)
Job Title Resident Engagement Coordinator
Reporting to Director of Housing Services
Salary €45,509 - €58,894 per annum
Probation 6 months
Hours 35 hours
Leave 22 days (+closed 3 designated days Christmas week)
Travel The post requires a valid driving licence and use the use of a car for business purpose. Mileage allowance operates.
Clúid Housing is the largest approved housing body (AHB) in Ireland, providing over 8,500 affordable, high-quality homes to people in housing need. Our vision is for a society where everyone has a great place to live. This will be achieved by providing quality housing and services to enable people to create homes and thriving communities.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Housing Services Department
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious applicant to join the Housing Services Team within Clúid Housing. The Housing Services department delivers core front line services in 31 locations around the country including voids and lettings; rent collection and arrears management; tenancy management; estates and facilities services; and community and estate development. The department is also responsible for the Dublin based contact centre team who are the main point of contact for all tenant and business enquiries.
At Clúid Housing we are committed to listening to our customers and we strive to design all our services around their requirements.
Role Overview: Take a lead role in increasing resident engagement and community work across Clúid.
Community Work / Initiatives
- Be creative in your approach, inspiring confidence and creativity in residents and staff to lead and participate in community initiatives.
- Conduct organisational assessments that define the needs of communities, the overall demand and common situations where communities may benefit from interventions and initiatives.
- Develop the service proposition, processes and procedures for community work in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Work with and support front line service staff to effectively deliver community initiatives
- Working with staff, partners and residents to develop the skills and knowledge to deliver community initiatives
- Building effective networks and partnerships/relationships with relevant stakeholders (internal & external) to deliver community initiatives
- Identify and utilise opportunities that secure additional resources for community activity, including grant funding, donations or partner commitments
- Work with Housing Managers to understand the activity and outcomes of community work in their area and maximise value from the community and resident engagement
Resident Engagement / Customer Insight
- Support the work of identifying, developing and supporting resident involvement in resident influence initiatives across Clúid and Clann.
- Developing and implementing the objectives of the Resident Advisory Groups
- Facilitating greater awareness of resident engagement throughout the organisation
- Reporting progress on resident engagement to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with the Communications department and across the business to develop and enhance resident communication and information
- Supporting the development and content of the tenant portal on the Clúid website to enhance resident communication.
Reporting and Measuring Value
- Work with the business to develop systems for Clúid to evidence the social value of the work we do
- With business leads monitor and report to all relevant internal and external stakeholders on the output and outcomes that evidence the social value impact of what Clúid’s work
Policy and Procedure
- Support the development of awareness of and increased practice of effectiveness resident engagement (influence and community) throughout the organisation
- Remain aware of current trends and the latest resident engagement and community work practice and consider their suitability.
- Work collaboratively to draft practical policy and procedures to facilitate community work
- Review and update policy to reflect internal and external changes
- Ensure all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid and Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- To fulfil all obligations regarding the management of both personal and organisational data in line with the organisations data protection policy.
- Adopt an approach of continuous learning and personal development
- To positively promote the Association in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role
- Building relationships
- Customer care
- Communicating and influencing
- Planning and organising
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of illustrating in their application that they fulfil the following criteria. Examples that demonstrate the ability to fulfil the criteria should be included as well as the above competencies.
Education / Qualifications
- Third level related qualification (Essential)
- Driving licence and use of car (Essential)
Knowledge / Skills
- Understand the importance and principles of resident engagement and community involvement in developing sustainable partnerships and creating change (Essential)
- Knowledge of national and local community networks and resources (Essential)
- Ability to develop activities and services that inspire people to get involved and build the confidence to achieve change (Essential)
- Knowledge of customer insight and feedback mechanisms (Desirable)
- Willingness to continue professional development and monitor best practice (Essential)
- Problem solving skills (Essential)
- Financial appreciation and experience of budget management skills (Essential)
- 5 + years’ experience of working in a community development and /or customer service improvement environment (Essential)
- Experience of developing and leading new initiatives (Essential)
- Project Management, proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders (Essential)
- Experience of working with a variety of customers from different backgrounds and experiences (Essential)
- Experience of working in settings that cut across public, private and voluntary organisations (Essential)
You will be asked a number of competency based questions as part of the application form, please be sure to refer to our guide for answering competency based questions which can be found here
The closing date for online applications to be submitted for this role is Wednesday 22nd September at 11.59pm. It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be held early October 2021.