Role: Plumbing & Heating Engineer
Location Dublin/ South Dublin
Job Title Plumbing & Heating Engineer
Reporting to Field Supervisor
Salary € 46,020
Probation 6 month
Hours 37.5 Hours Monday-Friday
Leave 22 days (+closed 3 designated days Christmas week)
Clúid Housing is a progressive and dynamic not-for-profit Irish housing association.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Property Services Directorate
The Property Services Department is responsible for ensuring our customers continue to live in high quality homes through the delivery of comprehensive and effective asset management services. Whilst our focus may be the “bricks and mortar”, we recognise the need to design our services to meet our current and future customers’ needs, offering choice where possible and ensuring that our residents and their families always enjoy warm, safe and affordable homes.
The Department has a Dublin based Resource Planning Team (Clúid Works), supporting three regionally based repairs trade teams delivering a comprehensive repairs service across country. This team works alongside the Asset Management Team, which is also split geographically, and manages the planned and cyclical programmes of work and supports the New Business Team bringing new properties into management.
If you want to know more about Clúid Works department click here.
Role Overview: To carry out and assist with all trade related tasks as a Plumbing & Heating Engineer working as (but not restricted to) part of a customer focused responsive repairs team. Clúid Housing is a forward thinking organisation, ensuring that its properties are repaired, adapted and refurbished to a high standard.
You will also be responsible for ensuring continuous delivery of our purpose “right repair, right time, first time” and Scope of Services which details our repair obligations.
Health & Safety
Key competencies required in the role
Education / Qualifications
· Full Trade apprenticeship
· Trained and registered with RGII (Domestic)
· Safe Pass - desirable
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
· A good knowledge of the general building and construction industry.
· Good understanding and knowledge of basic Health & Safety.
· Experience working with oil boilers - desirable
· Heat pump experience - desirable
· Experience in ordering and collecting materials and/or plant hire
· Ability to make decisions and confident at problem solving.
· Experience of property maintenance - desirable
· Experience of working within the Social Housing Sector - desirable
· Full Current driving licence
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Excellent personal presentation and time keeping skills.
· Ability to display excellent Customer Service skills both internally and externally, generating a positive working environment.
· Ability to work diligently, as part of a team.
· Ability to work with plans / detailed drawings & specifications.
· Ability to demonstrate technical skills in both core trade and associated trades.
· Numeracy skills - desirable
· Knowledge of Microsoft Packages - desirable
Application closes on 15th August 2021 at midnight. It is anticipated that the interviews will take place week commencing 23rd August 2021.
Your application was submitted successfully.