Role: IT Business Analyst
Location 151-161 Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1 (can be flexible however travel to Dublin regularly is essential)
Job Title IT Business Analyst
Reporting to Service Delivery Manager
Salary €45,509 - €58,894
Probation 6 months
Leave 22 days (+ closed 3 designated days Christmas week)
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Clúid is looking to employ an experienced IT Business Analyst, with proven project management skills as well as proven business analytics and data skills, to develop, improve and enhance our data and core application systems that are in use to manage our housing portfolio.
You will be working for the IT department, who are part of a Corporate Services team, offering business analyst services to the company, managing several business intelligence, data maturity and systems implementation projects and streams, partnering with the business and IT team, and sharing your expert knowledge and skills in these areas. You will be working with an IT team of 10 staff, including one other business analyst, as well as external role players and specialists.
Role Overview: Identifies and implements software and reporting requirements by developing and maintaining data, core business applications and databases. Implements and establishes a data culture underpinned by strong data analytics tools and practices. Supports and develops a self-service business intelligence reporting platform.
- Act as an interface between the business and the IT Department, as a subject matter expert and technical lead, on key projects and initiatives focused on implementation.
- Responsible for the integration of platforms and custom applications as well as providing user support, testing and development for the applications in use.
- Support the business by performing ad hoc database and system queries to provide meaningful reports to relevant stakeholders.
Business Requirements & Functional Specifications
- Evaluate stakeholder needs; analyse business requirements; produce functional specifications and develop software solutions to meet the business needs as per IT department standards, policies, and procedures.
- Elicit, discover, and document business requirements from relevant stakeholders.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests into wants and needs.
- Conduct formal cost/benefit analysis of business requirements.
- Identify, produce and document a functional specification by analysing business requirements and using knowledge of computer capabilities, programming language and logic.
- Produce a functional specification that will result in a system capable of meeting the needs of the agreed business requirements.
Business Processes & Data Mapping
- Work with stakeholders in gathering and documenting specific requirements and collaborate with developers on the resulting stories.
- Understand the current system in place to be able to carry out gap analysis between existing functions and requirements.
- Able to gather and analyse data and review same to ensure SQL correctness.
- Understand and document business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future technology solutions using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops and site visits.
- Present concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams and user stories.
- Participate on the Data Quality group, review processes and systems to ensure integrity of data definition, collection and utilization.
Data Analytics & Reporting
- Monitor business metrics and analytics report requests including the associated specifications, testing criteria, data sources and final report results, including any reconciliation required between test and live data sources.
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
Project, Change & Quality Management
- Establish and maintain project plans and coordinate with other teams to produce required business outcomes in a collaborative and cross-departmental way.
- Pay close attention to resource planning and stakeholder engagement.
- Oversee data deployments and transformations as needed, including ETL scripting, testing and related activities and documentation.
- Confirm software program operation by conducting tests, modifying program sequence.
- Maintain data, computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades.
Learning & Development
- Provide training to end users and technical team as required
- Support the development/training areas and improvements of the team Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational courses; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional memberships.
- Ensure all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhering to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- Ensuring all queries are responded to within agreed timeframes
- Comply with security, data protection and confidentiality policies within the Association and alert the Head of IT to any incidences or breaches of the policies or inaccuracies in the data held
- Taking care of both Clúid’s and own health and safety obligations
- Positively promote the Association in all activities
- Exercise discretion in all aspects of the role
- Any other duties which are consistent with the role
Key competencies required in the role
- Customer Care Management
- Organisation & Planning
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Technical Expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Solution focused, willing to compromise and able to create contingencies
- Attention to detail, but able to adjust and round-up to high level, adjusting to the audience.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Intelligence, Software Engineering or related field required
- Recognised Project Management qualification - desirable
- Willingness to undertake professional development
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent communication skills –verbal and written, report writing, presentation
- Ability to translate complex ideas and data into simple language for non-technicians, including appropriate and effective presentation of results and metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate good listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and innovation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to Detail
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a business intelligence role
- 3 to 5 years’ Experience with data modelling, data extraction, data mapping experience in business process mapping
- Solid technical background and experience doing project planning and change management in a similar environment.
- Experience of training, documentation and user acceptance testing of software
- Transact-SQL scripting, including stored procedures and database schemas.
- Fundamentals of database design, development, and enhancement within the context of the Microsoft environment, MS SQL Server
- Data API’s - desirable
- Data Warehousing - desirable
- Understands the fundamentals of software design, software debugging, software development, technical documentation and unit testing - desirable
- Microsoft Power Platform - desirable
- Maintaining a data warehouse - desirable
- Knowledge and experience using and implementing Microsoft PowerBI and associated self-service enterprise-wide solutions - desirable
You will be asked a number of competency based questions as part of the application form, please be sure to refer to our guide for answering competency based questions which can be found here
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is 15th June 2021 at midnight.
It is anticipated that Interviews for the position will be held on week beginning 21st June 2021.