Role Clann Housing Services Co-ordinator
Location Management area will cover the North East region of the country
Most suitable office location to be agreed with candidate
Reporting to Clann Housing Manager
Responsible for Scheme Managers, Support Worker, C.E. Scheme Placements, Caretakers and Voluntary staff
Salary €45,509 – €58,894 per annum
Probation 6 months
Hours 35 Hours per week
Leave 22 days (+ 3 designated days Christmas Week)
Travel The post requires a valid driving licence and use the use of a car for business purpose
Mileage Allowance Operates.
Clúid Housing is a progressive and dynamic not-for-profit Irish housing association.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Clann Housing Services Co-ordinator
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to make an important contribution to the reorganisation and transformation of Clúid’s Age Friendly Housing Service - Clann, managing a team to deliver core housing management to specialist and mainstream housing residents. The team is part of the Housing Services Department which delivers core front line housing management services. Also within the Housing Services Department is the Dublin-based Contact Centre, where staff are the main point of contact for all tenants and business enquiries and support many areas of Clúid’s work.
The Co-Ordinator will ensure the delivery of a high quality housing management service to residents on specialist schemes and to older people in mainstream housing. You will work closely with all Clúid departments such as Property Services, Finance and etc. Clúid’s Clann Service is national with specialist schemes in Cavan, Laois, Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Limerick and mainstream housing in every county.
Role Overview: As Clann Service Housing Co-Ordinator, you will manage a team of Scheme Managers to provide excellent Core Housing Management and Clann Services. You will work with the Clann Housing Manager to develop and grow the service. You will work with scheme based staff to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to provide a service which enables residents to remain living independently in their own homes for as long as they are able and wish to do so. You will work with staff to ensure the delivery of a friendly, welcoming and resident-orientated service is provided. You will place a strong emphasis on understanding and delivery of customer requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Core Services - Housing
- Support and coach Scheme Managers in the provision of the core housing services of Income, Allocations, Voids, Tenancy and Facilities Management, Community Involvement and Estate Development
- Ensure that Clúid delivers high quality services across all housing core service areas which enable Scheme Managers and tenants to manage and sustain tenancies and contribute to local communities
- Source grant funding and resources to improve scheme common areas and facilities
- Manage the budget for common areas on specialist schemes in your area
Core Services – Older People
- Support and coach Scheme Managers on the provision of the core services of information, advice, support, adaptations, assistive technology, security, social activities, community involvement and safeguarding to support the heath, well-being and independence of residents in specialist and mainstream housing
- Co-ordinate the offer and deliver core services in mainstream housing with Scheme Managers and with the assistance of Housing Officers
- Ensure Scheme Managers provide excellent Clann core services which meet the purpose of enabling residents to remain at home living both independently and comfortably for as long as they wish to do so
- With Scheme Managers, build local networks and partnerships which will help residents ‘Age in Place’
- Source grant funding and resources for social activities, community involvement, education, health and well-being initiatives
- Ensure core services which enable older people to remain independent are delivered in a clear, coherent and structured way
- Provide support to the Clann Housing Manager in defining Clann’s core service offer with input from your team of Scheme Managers, other relevant agencies as well as residents and their families.
- You will manage the development and continuous improvement of Clúid’s core service offering to residents in your functional area.
- You will set and deliver high levels of performance to meet customer demand.
- With your direct reports you will use measures for housing management and Clann core services to understand and improve performance
Growing our Business
- Contribute to New Business Assessments to ensure that resident and Housing Services requirements are reflected in the decision-making process
- Work with the New Business team to demonstrate to key stakeholders the benefits and level of demand for new specialist housing schemes
- Contribute to a sustainable social business with a strong emphasis on value for money.
- Target resources most effectively to achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Recruitment & Induction – Collaborate with HR to ensure the best candidate/s are recruited for any vacancy in your team, to develop a thorough induction plan and actively manage the probation process.
- Engagement – Manage staff and team engagement activities.
- Managing & Supporting Performance – Provide team members with support and guidance to enhance their performance.
- Learning & Development – Create annual individual employee development and team plans.
- Recognition & Reward – Collaborate with HR to ensure Clúid remain externally competitive and internally equitable for the roles within your remit.
- Safety & Wellbeing – Ensure that your staff work in a safe environment and actively partake in any company wide or team wellbeing activities.
- Systems Thinking – Encourage a systems thinking methodology is considered in all departmental processes and striving for continuous improvement in all you do.
- To promote a culture which is supportive of excellent service delivery and meets our vision, mission, and values.
- Ensure all activity is aligned to our values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clann/Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- Manage your learning and development in line with your role and personal goals
- To positively promote the Association in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role
- Customer Care (Residents and stakeholders of our service)
- People Management & Leadership
- Change & Project Management
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of illustrating in their application that they fulfil the following criteria. Examples that demonstrate the ability to fulfil the criteria should be included.
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent) (Essential)
- Professional qualification e.g. ICSH/CIH/IAVI/PSRA (Desirable)
- Driving licence and use of car (Essential)
- Property Services Regulatory Authority Licence
- Knowledge of housing policy and practice (Essential)
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of void, rent, repairs maintenance (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the current challenges facing Clann and policy and practice in this area (Essential)
- Knowledge of bespoke computer packages & Microsoft office (Essential)
- Good organisational skills, with ability to be flexible and work on own initiative (Essential)
- Handles conflict situations in a confident and positive manner (Essential)
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement (Essential)
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a customer environment preferably in a community setting (Essential)
- Experience of working in a residential property orientated environment (Desirable)
- Experience of working with a wide range of people who are: vulnerable, homeless, elderly, low income households (Essential)
- Financial appreciation and budget management skills (Desirable)
- Experience of working with other social landlords, statutory and voluntary agencies (Desirable)
- Satisfactory Gardaí vetting clearance (Essential)
You will be asked a number of competency based questions as part of the application form, please be sure to refer to our guide for answering competency based questions which can be found here
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is 21st January at 12.00pm
It is anticipated that Interviews for the position will be held at the end of January.